Fast Food is really a NO NO!

Disadvantages of Fast Food

The greatest disadvantage of fast food is the adverse effect that it has on one’s health. It is a fact that fast food is more unhealthy than home-cooked meals, as they contain higher amounts of salt, fats and calories. Fast food is an important contributor to obesity in the American population. Obesity in children is on the rise and a direct link is being cited between fast food and obesity in children. Given the sedentary lifestyle that we lead today, the excess fats and calories that we take in with fast food is not used up completely. The result is that these accumulate in our body as fat deposits that cause complications like cardiovascular diseases and other related diseases of the heart. With obesity come other problems like high blood pressure and diseases of the joints. It is like a chain reaction set off by fast food and carried forward by our unhealthy lifestyle. In fact, a recent study has shown that people who live within walking distance of a fast food restaurant are at 13% higher risk of suffering from strokes than those who live a considerable distance away.

The greater the number of people at a meal in a fast food restaurant, the larger is the bill. Eating at fast food outlets is economical only for a single person. Going out to a fast food eating joint with family once in a while won’t matter much. However, frequent visits to such restaurants with one’s family can become quite an expensive affair, besides being unhealthy.

Fast food joints are also being seen as a factor that is making a number of families spend less and less time together. Family meal time is something that is considered as an opportunity for all the members to come together and share their experiences. However, the fast food centers are quickly eating into this quality time. This is especially true about youngsters for whom a fast food center is a good place to hangout with friends and peers.

Fast food is an invention of the modern times. Ready-made food being served fast and right in front of us is like a blessing after a hard day’s work. However, like everything, it has its own pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages of fast food also exist. Citing a few points about the advantages of fast food does not mean that I am denying its drawbacks. However, by making some smart choices while placing the order and also resorting to an active lifestyle, we can definitely minimize the drawbacks of fast food.

I just wanted to add that the fat, cheese etc in much fast food is addictive. As adults, we can overcome this but children’s small, developing brains haven’t got a chance. Fast food places often advertise to children and in some deprivved Scottish towns the only play park in the area is in a fast food restaurant garden. Therefore habits that last a lifetime are formed. It makes me angry.

Well, depends on the fast food. My friends and I will treat ourselves on occasion to French fries made with skins left on, and fried in peanut oil. And chinese food is the original fast food. If you eat dishes made with tofu and vegetables, this is certainly healthy fare.
as for fast food made with meat, yes, this is not healthy fare at all. And the heavy dairy fats aren’t good, either.

French fries<<<< fast food I can’t live without… It is always included in our order whatever restaurant we go. :smiley:

Your points are wonderful. I am also starting to limit myself to eating on fast foods though sometimes tempted to do. Home-cooked food is still the best for the pocket and for our health.

My TV shows

I can not live without it but in these days i am facing acne problem.So i have read acne treatment article from here and now i am out of contact with fast food.This is the main reason for this.

Yes i agree with you.Eating in a fast food is not a good idea for people who really cares for their health. Like me, I’m also eating in a fast food like McDonalds. And it makes me addicted to it. I always like to eat there no matter what. But now I’m controlling my self.

Fast food is really a no no especially people with special diet. As for people suffering from different illnesses such as heart failure, diabetes and so on. People who needs extra care for their health conditions. But i am not saying fast food is bad for us, we just have to take things cautiously.

Thanks Meign for sharing and fast food is really not good for health which leads to many health problem if consumed or taken regularly. And eating healthy food and maintaining a proper diet is really important for your health.

That’s why I don’t eat in a fast food. They said some of the food there are not cook well.