Propaganda - BIG TIME!

Hello,

I’m Carol, and I am a Vegan (Hi Carol), and I do love to surf for Vegan Websites, recipes, info,…etc.

Tonight, just for the heck of it, in the search slot at Google, I simply typed “Vegans”.
This is one of the links that appeared:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/sermons/vegans.html

Reading through it,…well, considering the source :unamused: , it was hilarious to me.
Read it…and, I didn’t post it to incite anyone’s ire,… I posted it because, to me, it’s a hoot. It is, however, very sad that people spew such misinformation(and take pride in being hate-mongers), but I surely do not take it personally for I, as all of you, know the true nature of Veganism, and being a Vegan - Compassion.
I’m very proud to be a Vegan, delighted and very happy to be surrounded by all the other fine Vegan folks on our planet.

Peace, Carol

Welcome, Carol.

Some people consider pride to be a sin, are you OK with that? :slight_smile:

Hi Carol!

OMG, I didn’t think people like that really existed! :laughing: Where to start? The fact that traditional portrayals of witches are anti-semitic: a way of programming children to be cautious of Jews? I actually know some very nice witches - paganism is quite popular around here! Women being servants to men?! Isn’t it illegal to say stuff like that?!

My perfect man :love10: What poor woman wants to marry a bully?

Damn! They’re on to us! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :bigsmurf: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

:unamused: oh well. . . .

:laughing:

WOW! Cult anyone?! :laughing: I’m a Christian Witch!! AAAWWW!!! RUN!! :bom: That site sure is nuts! Check out the rest of it, these people are insane! :violent1:

wth!

“But add another a/k/a to that list - homos. You see, veganism offers a place of solace for sodomites every bit as attractive as a Catholic confessional. Fruits and vegetables are what housewives and sissies on Weight Watchers eat, whereas meat, cheese and butter are what real men eat. If every meal you eat doesn’t contain something that lives in, or comes out of something that lives in, a barn, you aren’t a real man. Jesus warned us that the men who would one day call themselves “vegans” are nothing more than nancy-boys looking for refuge somewhere. “For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs” (Romans 14:2). Just take a look at these losers - thin as a rail, pale as a ghost. The kind of men we used to beat up every day at school. If you asked any one of them, he would probably admit he supports feminism.”

This whole thing is so opinionated!!! :cussing:
The third sentence is just… :banghead: :angry4: :angry8: :angry6:

he was twisting the scriptures. If you take everything in context and compare other scriptures with, you see that he was refering to commanding to obstain from meats in a religious sense.

Vegans, correct me if I am wrong, CHOOSE to obstain from meats and products that had anything to do with use with animals or from animals.

There is nothing unscriptural in regards to Veganism that I am aware of. If one CHOOSES for themselves to do this, then they are not COMMANDING others or anything to do it for religious reasons.

People like this ignorant slanderous individual are the type that give christians a bad name.
Perhaps, being a PASTOR, he should stop misleading his flock and take a closer look into what the scriptures have to say and not use them to support his own opinions.

Hey Black Phase, can you please give an example of what was he referring to?
Thank you.

[size=150]Genesis 1:29:
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.”[/size]

:smiley:

I merely stated that he misapplied the scriptures. The scriptures were stating that commanding Christians that they, AS CHRISTIANS, needed to obstain from meats for only religious reasons, was what the scriptures were talking about. Christians are allowed by scripture, if they so choose, to eat meat (although they do not have to if they do not want to )

Correct me if I am wrong, but Vegans allow others to make there own choices and they themselves have a variety of reasons for being Vegans.

God had, although not part of his original purpose, allowed mankind to eat meat that had been properly bled. They could choose whether they would eat meat or not. It was their personal choice to make for themselves and their families.

By saying that Veganism is anything negative and going against the scriptures is a bunch of baloney.

Is this the clarification that you were looking for, BeeTooman?