Cream of Broccoli Pottage

Pottage is a thick soup or stew typically made by boiling vegetables and grains. For this I’m combining pureed broccoli with pureed pasta, each of which are pureed with the water they are boiled in to make them soupy (pasta is kind of creamy too), then they are stirred together with some oil and spices for the cream of broccoli pottage (a vegetable oil makes it a little creamier and nutritious, with up to a few tablespoons of that). This can be done with other vegetables of course. I think it was 16 ounces of broccoli (I used frozen pieces) boiled in 32 ounces of water, and 4 ounces of enriched dry pasta (I used elbow macaroni) boiled in 48 ounces of water, for a nice consistency that’s filling and easy to eat. Something of a stew, it basically tastes like cream of broccoli soup, and pasta usually makes the flavor of vegetables a little milder, while adding a hint of it’s own flavor. Spices can enhance flavoring beyond that, and would ideally be cooked along with the broccoli for food safety (e.g., there was a recent recall of dill for salmonella, which cooking prevents). Anyway, they say that pottage is not to be confused with potage. Why? :confused4: I don’t know, they seem to be synonyms. Okay, but let’s not confuse broccoli with broccolini. :confused3: