Vegan Cheesecake

Good day, everyone. I recently made this recipe I found online as a dessert for Easter dinner, and I HIGHLY recommend you try it out (if you have access to all of the ingredients, that is). The original recipe came from this link: vegsource.com/talk/recipes/m … 00871.html , however I changed it around a bit. I tried a piece about an hour ago, and it was delicious! It was the best cheesecake I have ever eaten in my entire life (I was the ultimate fan of cheesecake when I was younger, so I have tried many :wink:).

Ingredients:

1 cup natural sugar
1 box (12-14 oz) extra-firm silken tofu
8 oz tub of Tofutti’s “Better Than Cream Cheese”
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 baked pie crust
chocolate syrup (optional)
vegan whipped topping (optional)
strawberries or other fruit (optional)

Procedure:

First, put all of the tofu and cream cheese into a blender. Blend those two ingredients until you have a creamy mixture. Next, add the sugar and lemon juice. Once again, blend until creamy. Make sure you do not blend for too long, as you want the mixture to be creamy, not watery. Pour this mixture into the baked pie crust, and put it inside of your freezer. Do not put it into your refrigerator or attempt to eat it until after it has already been frozen for at least 4 hours. You can either put your whipped topping on before freezing the cheesecake, or you can wait until after it is already frozen to put it on. I could not find any vegan whipped topping in my area, so I came up with the idea to wait until it was frozen, top it with strawberries, and drizzle on some chocolate syrup. After this was done, I put it back into the freezer and ate it the next day. The only negative I found is that you have to wait until it thaws to eat it, but I did not have patience and ate it when it was still partially frozen :laughing:. I have found it gives it an even better taste when it is frozen, though. It makes it a lot less mushy!

:stuck_out_tongue: thnx for Good Recipes

I will definitely try this recipe… This seem so delicious… thanks!!

Try a vegan cheesecake that is more econimical… Instead of using tofutti, you may use soy milk… for flavoring, some doesn’t want lemons so vanilla take charged… because some vegans are more conscious of sugar, syrup maybe used… This recipe is baked

youtube.com/watch?v=_YkEgSH0 … re=related

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cheesecakewill get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.