Cross contamination

Hi guys! :hello2:

I’ve been a vegan for a few years and I’ve been thinking about trying to start a vegan bakery. I don’t have any real plans yet, I’m just trying to figure some things out first.

One issue is that I don’t live in an all vegan household. I’m in college and living with my parents, who aren’t anywhere close to being vegan and eat meat, dairy, eggs, etc. I definitely couldn’t afford to rent somewhere to bake (and wouldn’t want to right away in case it doesn’t work out), I’d have to at least start out doing it in the house and see where it goes. So I could get my own pans, mixer, bowls, etc., and clean the counters before I cook, but the food would still be made in a non-vegan kitchen.

I don’t think I could say it’s allergen-free then, which isn’t a huge deal, but should I label it with a disclaimer, like packaged foods are (“Processed in a facility that also processes…”)? And to all the vegans here, would you still eat it, knowing that there is a chance of cross contamination? Me personally - and I don’t know if this makes me a bad vegan - I still eat foods that have that warning on them, and I’ve met other vegans who agree that it isn’t a big deal, but I’m sure there are some who don’t eat it and I just wanted to get some other opinions.

Thanks!

I would eat it, easpecially if it will state that it’s from a vegan owned bakery. But do your research before investing too much into it, try your products first on strangers, and don’t limit your sales to vegans. (You can label all your product as cholesterol free for example)