Thinking of going Vegan

My name is Morena and I am currently a ovo-vegetarian. I am thinking of making the transition to being a vegan because I am already lactose intolerant in addition to the ethics and health benefits behind it. Can anyone share maybe first time experiences, particularly with the transition of the body? I really had no issues giving up meat or dairy as there are tasty alternatives. My biggest concern is the way my body will react if there will be any reaction at all. I’ve considered becoming vegan for awhile now but every time I do talk about it people always mention that vegans tend to look sickly–while I do not believe this to be true, I was wondering how the body reacts to a vegan diet…Thank you so much for your time

First of all - take B12 supliments, secondly - it depends on you but you can try to introduce more foods which will replace eggs, like for example tofu and see how it gows, gradually, or you can one day decide that from today I’m vegan, both ways you’ll have to adapt a little and wait for your body to adapt to the new way of eating.

I am a new vegan too! I was skeptical at first but it’s been good for me so far. I started about 1 1/2 months ago and noticed positive changes in my body, strength, energy levels, concentration ability… what’s more I am working out even more often now and still feel great. I take vit B complex supplements and flaxseed oil for omega 3 daily. I think supplementation is important. Other than that, I also take a green drink because it is so nutrient dense. I make sure I have lots of green leafy veg for the balance of vitamins and minerals I would need.

So no, I don’t think going vegan will be a met with a risk of undernourishment.

Also I find that tracking my progress helps me review the impact this change has had on my body and lifestyle :slight_smile: I do it on my blog.

all the best!

Hi,
I understand your concern but I can tell you from first-hand that I’m A vegan for two years now and I’m healthier than ever. As long as you make sure you eat good varied food you will be just fine. You can consume B12 in pills or drops and your body will get everything else it needs from the food. For more information you are more than welcome to send me a massage and visit my new blog that talks exactly about going vegan.

hopefully I helped,
Danit

There are three basic reasons why you should become a vegetarian. Firstly, a vegetarian diet is good for your health. Secondly, it is a contribution to the welfare of animals. Thirdly, becoming a vegetarian is good for the environment. Let’s start with your health. By eating a vegetarian diet you will consume considerably less saturated fat than by eating a conventional meat based diet. This will be good for the health of your heart. Why Should You Become A Vegetarian