Pro Vegan Quotes

Hey everyone!
Let’s post pro vegan quotes here, one post one quote.
Here i go:

Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds theirs. We live by the death of others: we are burial places! I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men.

Leonardo da Vinci (Renaissance painter, architect, engineer, mathematician and philosopher, 1452 - 1519)

[size=150][color=red]Great idea! :D[/size]

It is only by softening and disguising dead flesh by culinary preparation that it is rendered susceptible of mastication or digestion, and that the sight of its bloody juices and raw horror does not excite intolerable loathing and disgust.

Percy Bysshe Shelley (Romantic poet, 1792 -1827)

How can you eat anything with eyes?
Will Kellogg (American cereal pioneer, 1860 - 1951)

We consume the carcasses of creatures of like appetites, passions and organs with our own, and fill the slaughterhouses daily with screams of pain and fear.

Robert Louis Stevenson (novelist and poet, 1850 - 1894)

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?

Jeremy Bentham (philosopher, 1748 -1832)

One farmer says to me, “You cannot live on vegetable food solely, for it furnishes nothing to make the bones with;” and so he religiously devotes a part of his day to supplying himself with the raw material of bones; walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, which, with vegetable-made bones, jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle.

~ Henry David Thoreau (author of Walden and Civil Disobedience, 1817 - 1862)

Animals are my friends… and I don’t eat my friends.

George Bernard Shaw (Nobel Prize-winning playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.

Albert Schweitzer (Nobel Prize-winning physician, missionary and statesman, 1875 - 1965)

“As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”–

Pythagoras (mathematician)

People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since this has also been done since the earliest of times.
Isaac Bashevis Singer (Nobel Prize-winning novelist, 1904 - 1991)

If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian.

Paul McCartney

My perspective of veganism was most affected by learning that the veal calf is a by-product of dairying, and that in essence there is a slice of veal in every glass of what I had thought was an innocuous white liquid milk.

Rynn Berry (author of Food for the Gods: Vegetarianism & the World’s Religions)

We all love animals. Why do we call some “pets” and others “dinner?”

k.d. lang (musician)

Some people are still going to want to eat meat. We do agree though that vegetarianism is a healthier diet.

David Stroud (of the American Meat Institute)

The human body has no more need for cows’ milk than it does for dogs’ milk, horses’ milk, or giraffes’ milk.

Michael Klaper, M.D. (author of Vegan Nutrition: Pure & Simple)

Lol! Did you take it from my sig? :laughing:

Being vegan helped me realize I can say and do what I believe is right. That’s powerful. Nothing’s changed my life more. I feel better about myself as a person, being conscious and responsible for my actions and I lost weight and my skin cleared up and I got bright eyes and I just became stronger and healthier and happier. Can’t think of anything better in the world to be but be vegan.

Alicia Silverstone (actress)

To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb for the sake of the human body.
Mahatma Gandhi (Indian social and spiritual leader, 1869 - 1948)

When I was old enough to realize all meat was killed, I saw it as an irrational way of using our power, to take a weaker thing and mutilate it. It was like the way bullies would take control of younger kids in the schoolyard.

River Phoenix (actor, 1970 - 1993)

If you don’t want to be beaten, imprisoned, mutilated, killed or tortured then you shouldn’t condone such behavior towards anyone, be they human or not.

Moby (musician)