Bonuses for Members and Veterans

General Vegan and Vegetarian Talk forum. Learn about veganism and its relation to environment, morality and human health.
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Bonuses for Members and Veterans

Postby AndyBa » Mar 6, 2005 10:25 am

If you have noticed each registered user on Vegtalk.org have a rank in dependence of his activity on the forum.
So we decided to make it more interesting and give a spur to our activists.
So from now on each Forum Member(you become a forum member after you write over 100 messages)can apply for a cool email account your nickname@vegtalk.org

After writing more messages and becoming a Forum Veteran you can apply for a subdomain yourname.vegtalk.org and host your site with us.

The more active you are the more bonuses you can get...

Dodic
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Dodic » Mar 6, 2005 5:45 pm

Wow! that's great! You should have done it long time ago!
So I just have 72 messages left to write just to become a member? 8)
Do-O-odic
Vegetarian News

EllenRebecca
Vegan Forum Beginner

My account

Postby EllenRebecca » Jun 29, 2005 8:26 pm

Hello there, I'm Ellen, I'm 22 and and I'm new to all this (I'm willing to become a vegetarian and am looking for support and other vegetarians).
However, I'm in a bit of a flap about the registration and it saying 'your account has been created': does this mean I'll have to pay? I didn't read anything about this being a paysite, or have I been misled?
PLease answer ASAP or I may get into trouble.

bojster
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby bojster » Jun 29, 2005 9:43 pm

You don't have to pay, it's all for free. The 'account' just means that now you are able to log in and post under your nick. It's nothing like a bank account. ;-)

EllenRebecca
Vegan Forum Beginner

Thankyou Bojster

Postby EllenRebecca » Jun 30, 2005 1:37 pm

A big thanks to Bojster for putting my mind at ease!
Have you always been a vegan or was it a choice you made later?
Being someone who was brought up eating meat, I am now aware that I can choose differently if I wish; I can see where people are coming from when they think it's cruel to eat animals, so I'm open-minded there.
I also believe that it is far healthier to be a vegetarian/vegan becuase you're not consuming all the saturated fats found in red meat (I'm reading "You Are What You Eat" by Gillian Mckeith at the moment and have not only been feeling energised and happier, but have lost a STONE over the past TWO MONTHS because of it's advice! YES!!!).
I also think I'd be happy to live without dairy products as their molecules are too big for humans to digest properly - so we clearly are not meant to eat them - though I would very much like to continue eating fish.
As of now, all I'm asking for is a little support, but some guidance from your own experience would be terrific too.

Thanks for reading this far!

Bye!

bojster
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby bojster » Jun 30, 2005 1:49 pm

I've been omnivorous till my teen years, then vegetarian for a few years and then I turned vegan and intend to stay so.
If you need help and assistance with going vegetarian, maybe you'd like to order PeTA's free starter kit? http://www.vegetarianstarterkit.com/
There are zillions of pages out there to help you as well... You'd have to try really hard to make something go wrong. ;-)

EllenRebecca
Vegan Forum Beginner

Ta!

Postby EllenRebecca » Jun 30, 2005 1:55 pm

Cheers Bojster, you're a star! (Love the nickname by the way!)

GreenBro
Passionated Vegan Talker

Postby GreenBro » Feb 17, 2007 7:31 am

:P soon i`ll have a vegan mail :)) i have now 97 mes :)

tiffany2010
Vegan Forum noob

Re: Bonuses for Members and Veterans

Postby tiffany2010 » Oct 13, 2010 8:59 am

Well, this is a very valuable post. Thanks for the information you provided. It would be great if got more post like this. I appreciate it.

meign
AR Knight

Postby meign » Nov 19, 2010 2:23 am

Go and posts some more messages Tiffany... :D

Trev
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Trev » Dec 9, 2010 8:21 pm

i hope this is still going on it sounds like a really cool idea, and being that i want to have a vegan store someday i would love that!
'Need it be added that it would imply too accepting the spectacle of a grown man attached to the udder of a cow as a dignified and rational intention on the part of Nature!'

Return to “Vegan Chat”