newbie to being vegan

General Vegan and Vegetarian Talk forum. Learn about veganism and its relation to environment, morality and human health.
BamBoom12
Vegan Forum Beginner

newbie to being vegan

Postby BamBoom12 » Sep 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello all

Im wanting to become vegan and finding it hard to even begin to think how. My friends had shown me some videos in how our meat and animal products are harvest and to say Im disgusted is an understatement. I want to wean myself away from all of that and have no part of that in my life.
As with all good intentions the inital start is as always the hardest thing and im really struggling where on earth do i start. So any help will be more than greatfully accepted.

busyvegetarians
Vegan Forum Guest

Re: newbie to being vegan

Postby busyvegetarians » Oct 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Make a slow progression, for example start 1 vegetarian day per week for 1 month, the second month add another day, with this slow progression in aproximately 7 mothns you will be a 100% vegetarian. Make a research of several recipes (easier better) and try them, if you dont like some of them, change for others, in 2 - 3 months you will have a bunch of tasty recipes and good experience how to cook them.

LULZmouse
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby LULZmouse » Jan 8, 2017 12:27 am

Good for you, BamBoom12. When you are on a plant-based diet, however, it is very important to make sure that you get enough vitamin B12. A B12 deficiency would eventually cause you to have an anemic blood count. Anyway, I strongly recommend that you check this out: http://nutritionstudies.org/12-question
"Alrighty then." -- Ace Ventura, pet detective :glasses7:

stxnobody31
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby stxnobody31 » Apr 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey, everyone. Just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing with your new found vegan lifestyle. I'm 31, and am currently 100lbs overweight. It's been a rough week as I've been so accustomed to eating not just meat, but a lot of processed junk. I have began to slowly incorporate a few vegan meals over the course of the last week and good lord, my stomach and head hurt..... any suggestions to help ease the stress on the body or will it just pass eventually? I chose vegan not just for weight loss but to finally lead a healthy lifestyle. Here's hoping. I've lost weight before with crash course diets, but quickly gain it back. This time, I hope to not just keep off the weight, but stay on a healthy diet for the rest of my life. Took me this long to get here, hope to hear/share stories with all of you over time. Good luck everyone!!

SantaClaws
Vegan Forum Member

Postby SantaClaws » Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm

stxnobody31 wrote:Hey, everyone. Just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing with your new found vegan lifestyle. I'm 31, and am currently 100lbs overweight.

Welcome to :spam1: Central, stxnobody31. You say that you eat a lot of processed foods. Processed foods, more often than not, contain enormous amounts of sugar. Sugar, or the lack thereof, is probably the ingredient that's responsible for making you feel awful right now. Stick with the vegan diet though. If you can get most of that sugar out of your diet, then you'll probably be able to shed some of those unwanted pounds that make you overweight. Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaWekLrilY
"Life is a roar!" -- Ushiro Shinohara, art world bad boy

stxnobody31
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby stxnobody31 » May 3, 2017 12:46 pm

Oh, the bread!! It's the damn bread I'm having trouble breaking ties with. Are there any vegan alternatives? Just thought I'd check with you guys. Thanks!

SantaClaws
Vegan Forum Member

Postby SantaClaws » May 3, 2017 1:42 pm

Bread is a tough one alright. It's like an addiction, isn't it? I still eat bread from time to time myself (as a treat). The trick, I think, is to not keep any in the house.
"Life is a roar!" -- Ushiro Shinohara, art world bad boy

Return to “Vegan Chat”