Melon Outbreak

General health discussions for vegans. Discuss tips, tricks and methods on how to maintain Good Health and Physical Fitness while being vegan. Discuss Exercises, slimming diets and much more.
expialidocious
Vegan Forum Member

Melon Outbreak

Postby expialidocious » Jun 18, 2018 7:50 am

Recall of pre-cut watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and fruit medley products

Related: Salmonella outbreak linked to cut watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe – Fast Facts

Related: Caito joins big melon recall after CDC reports 60 ill in Salmonella outbreak

Related: Iowa added to list of states that received melon linked to outbreak

Related: FDA posts specific stores that sold melon linked to outbreak

News to me (glad I don't eat that stuff or raw salads in general) :tongue6:

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Re: Melon Outbreak

Postby AndyBa » Jul 27, 2018 6:14 am

Wow! That's a bit sad. I love melons.
Thanks for posting.

expialidocious
Vegan Forum Member

Postby expialidocious » Jul 29, 2018 10:58 am

Yeah, I always thought the precut ones were overpriced, and it's especially sad that people got sick after paying that much for something with a high percentage of water by weight in the first place. You'd think the people cutting it would make enough of a profit to want to avoid screwing that up, but no! It's murphy's law with raw foods I guess. At least a couple of companies I've read about being involved in an outbreak went bankrupt as a result, yet this doesn't prevent others from cutting corners (well hey that's a pun)! :downtown: Big melon recall... who knew? Isn't cucumber-melon a popular fragrance, well there was another outbreak caused by cucumbers too.

Overpriced or not, I wouldn't eat raw produce at this point, after reading up on how often food poisoning occurs as a result (it happens all the time, it's happening right now)... but I digress, and hope anyone involved is doing well now.

SantaClaws
Vegan Forum Member

Postby SantaClaws » Jul 31, 2018 8:06 pm

:pukeleft:

Return to “General Health and Beauty Forum”