* 1/2 package (223g) Kamut penne, or any other whole grain pasta
* 1-inch piece of ginger, grated and squeezed for juice
* 1 Tbsp miso
* 2 Tbsp brown rice or apple cider vinegar
* 2 Tbsp sesame oil (untoasted)
* 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
* pinch chile paste (optional)
* 1 cup snow peas
* 1 cup bean sprouts
* 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Start by cooking the noodles in boiling, lightly salted water. You can also cook a whole grain like rice or quinoa instead of a pasta if you prefer. For brown rice or corn pastas, they cook while the water is coming to a boil rather than at a full boil, like wheat pastas. Cook them by adding cool water whenever it comes up to a rolling boil.
2. While the noodles are cooking, make the dressing by squeezing the pulp of the grated ginger to get the juice only into a large bowl. Add the miso, vinegar, oils and chile paste if you're using it. Whisk it until the miso dissolves. Add the chopped vegetables to the bowl and toss them in the dressing.
3. Once the noodles are done, drain them and add them to the bowl for a final toss along with the sesame seeds. I hope you enjoy this easy pasta salad recipe, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes