* 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
* 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
* 2 green onions, chopped
* ½ tsp curry powder, or ¼ tsp each of cumin and coriander with a pinch of cayenne
* pinch black pepper
* 1 large bunch leaf lettuce, torn
* 1 tsp (or so) olive oil
* 1 tsp (or so) lemon juice
Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Salad Recipe Directions
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the sweet potatoes until just barely soft, 5-10 min.
2. While they are boiling, toast the almonds in a toaster oven or a frying pan, with no oil, for 4-5 minutes. When they start to get really fragrant, they are done. Slice them roughly, along with the green onions. When the sweet potatoes are done, drain them, then add the almonds and green onions to the pot. Sprinkle the curry powder or individual spices over the potatoes, and stir them to coat.
3. Tear the lettuce in a separate salad bowl. Sprinkle the oil and lemon juice over the greens, and toss. Place them on plates and top them with the sweet potato mixture. I hope you enjoy this sweet potato salad recipe with almonds, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes.