* medium potatoes, boiled
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1 small onion, diced
* 1 clove garlic, pressed
* 2 carrots, grated
* 2 large stems of kale, chopped & massaged (or spinach or parsley, chopped)
* 1 tsp dried wakame or hijiki (sea vegetable), soaked in water and then chopped
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* ¼ tsp cayenne
* 1 tsp sea salt (approx)
* Black pepper, to taste
* 2 Tbsp olive oil (for baking the burgers)
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15-20 minutes. Drain, then mash with enough of the cooking water to make it creamy.
2. Heat a large pan to medium, and saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft. Stir the onion, garlic, grated carrots, massaaged kale and wakame into the potatoes. Season to taste. If you are baking your burgers, add the additional olive oil to the batter.
3. Shape the mixture into 9 small rounds, and put them on a lined baking tray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
4. If you prefer to fry your burgers, do them in a bit of olive oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.