Trying To Lose Weight Is So Fustrating!!

General health discussions for vegans. Discuss tips, tricks and methods on how to maintain Good Health and Physical Fitness while being vegan. Discuss Exercises, slimming diets and much more.

Re: Trying to lose weight is so fustrating!!

Postby RanDIllAOrVin » Dec 28, 2011 7:56 am

I've been doing the jillian Michaels 30 day shred since last thursday, walked 2miles and on saturday i walked 4.5 miles, monday i walked 2 miles and jillian Michaels 30 day shred and yesturday jillian Michaels...ugh i guess im kind of confused..
Pasadena Personal Trainer
Last edited by RanDIllAOrVin on Dec 31, 2011 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
RanDIllAOrVin
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby Rufusasd » Dec 29, 2011 3:55 pm

There is no doubt Trying to lose weight is so frustrating but we must have a commitment power in order to achieve the desire goals. Self commitment is a great thing that you can achieve any thing.

Cool Springs fitness boot camp
Last edited by Rufusasd on Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rufusasd
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby petcrusader » Jan 1, 2012 2:02 pm

It's totally frustrating, and discouraging when you see no results. I cut out wheat and junk food for six weeks. Rode my bike every day, and did some weights. Getting rid of wheat did make me feel a little better, but didn't lose an ounce.
petcrusader
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby jonnydepp31 » Jan 4, 2012 9:50 am

Thank you for the tips. It helped me a lot.
jonnydepp31
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby JastinJack » Jan 6, 2012 6:05 pm

I do daily exercise for up to 3 hours. To lose weight I'm on the emedoutlet Acomplia by three months. I drink lots of juice and water. Eat only healthy foods .. and I'm sure I'll lose my weight in the next 2 / 3 months .. spider vein guide
JastinJack
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby Rufusasd » Jan 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Rufusasd wrote:There is no doubt Trying to lose weight is so frustrating but we must have a commitment power in order to achieve the desire goals. Self commitment is a great thing that you can achieve any thing.
any comment?

Cool Springs fitness boot camp
Rufusasd
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby kevinbrownaaa » Jan 25, 2012 6:35 pm

I do exercise every day up to 3 hours. For weight loss, Acomplia from me over the past three months emedoutlet. I drink lots of juice and water. Eat healthy food .. I am very sure that I will loose in the next 2 / 3 months my weight ..
kevinbrownaaa
Vegan Forum noob

Re: Trying To Lose Weight Is So Fustrating!!

Postby nwsailorgirl » Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm

I didn't start to lose weight until I wasn't trying to lose weight, I was just trying to eat healthy foods so I would feel better.
nwsailorgirl
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby archieluca » Mar 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Do Exercise or Yoga, Drink more water, Swimming and Running, Eat fresh vegetables and fruits, this is way to useful for weight loss.
archieluca
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby Kramer » Mar 26, 2012 6:28 am

Ya it's quite difficult to lose weight. Exercise, proper diet is really important. Well exercise and having limited meals with healthy food at proper time is really important. It not only helps you lose weight but also keep you healthy and fit.
Kramer
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby ewanjake » Apr 2, 2012 6:16 pm

Losing weight is not an simple task.It needs abundant added accomplishment and time.A being can abate weight with exercise and a able diet plan.I do some airing for 30 account in a day and with it i accept bargain so abundant weight.I avoid to eat oily food and always eat vegetables and fruits.
ewanjake
Vegan Forum noob

Postby SaraBiston » Apr 11, 2012 10:00 am

Everyone wants be Healthy and Beautiful. There are many ways to lose weight. The Best and easy way is consuming weight loss supplement. but make sure it must contain the natural ingredients. One of my friend used the weight loss supplement she is having a tremendous effect on her body.
Phenocal is one of the effective and natural weight loss supplements. Try Phenocal once and see the difference. For more info read Phenocal Reviews.
SaraBiston
Active Vegan Talker

Postby firecracker4579 » Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

EnergieFitness1 wrote:Hi everyone,

My name is Steve Warshaw, and this is my first post on this forum. Before I get started, I want to let everyone know that I am a ACE certified nutritionist, and personal trainer. I work with many vegetarians and vegans as many of my clients are from India. Any advice I give comes from experience working with my clients, and I hope you find it helpful.

I think an important thing to understand is why you are having cravings, particularly sugar cravings, before we can come up with a plan to curb them.

I have found time and time again that recurring sugar cravings indicate an bacterial imbalance of the intestines. In otherwords, the good digestive bacteria get over run, and (here comes the buzz word), you get yeast overgrowth. One way to test this is to pour 4 ounces of filtered water into a glass, then before you go to bed at night, spit in the water. If when you wake up in the morning, you see something that looks like white streamers in the glass, you have a yeast overgrowth in your intestines. This yeast feeds on sugar, which not only causes your cravings, but makes the problem worse by feeding the yeast.

There are tons of "candida cleanses" out there, but I think most of them are way too complicated and filled with stuff you don't need. I use a 3 pronged approach to alleviating yeast overgrowth:

First, caprylic acid has been shown to kill candida yeast. I use the solaray candida cleanse which runs about $13

Second you need to restore balance to your digestive flora, and improve your overall digestive health though the use of prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. For this purpose, I have had great success with Arbonne Digestion Plus. Don't let the number of active microorganisms in these products fool you. It's not the count, as much as it is keeping them alive long enough to get where they need to be in your digestive system.

Third, you need to eliminate processed foods and high hypoglycemic index foods for the entire 2 weeks you are on the caprylic acid supplement. It is important to understand I mean ELIMINATE these foods. You can do anything for 14 days! Since this is my first post, I can't post a link, so ask me and I'll send you a nice glycemic index chart.

This should help curb your sugar cravings after only 14 days!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another frustrating moment in weight loss is when you hit a plateau. You start losing weight quickly, then you get to a point where the your body fat percentage just doesn't want to drop any further.

Many personal trainers would have you believe that some how your metabolism has started slowing down due to caloric restriction. If you are doing resistance training with a personal trainer, this is HIGHLY unlikely.

In my experience, a primary cause of plateaus in weight loss is fat toxicity. there are many published studies that environmental toxins get stored in body fat. As you burn fat, these toxins are released into your blood stream, and your body's capacity to eliminate this waste gets over taxed.

This is where you need a strategy for giving your body support to eliminate toxins through detoxification. This requires an integrated approach that combines food, supplementation, exercise, and (for those who can afford it) detoxification massage.

You might think detoxification massage is hocus pocus, but unlike some homeopathic treatments, there is real science to it. When your body eliminates waste, its primary mechanism for doing so, the lymphatic system, literally becomes clogged. Just like running a snake through a clogged pipe, lymphatic massage unclogs the lymph sacs and lymph nodes so that you body can continue eliminate waste.

My wife, also a trainer, and I have put together a detoxification program integrates these concepts into a synergistic system that will break through any plateau. It is a 28 day program that you can do all on your own, and we give it away for free. All we ask is that you fill out a form on our website so that we can contact your personally about the program. Again, since this my first post, I can't post a link, so message me and I'll be happy to send it to you.

Thanks,
Steve Warshaw
Nutritionist and Personal Trainer

Steve,

I'm very interested in learning more. I've lost weight, several times, haven't really gained it back but get stuck while trying to get back on track. On top of that, my back is in constant pain and although I'm sure we could use a new mattress, I have a good feeling some sort of detox would help. Please send whatever you can and I will be more than happy to oblige you with a testimonial :) (if that's what you were getting at for your web site, maybe I misunderstood lol).

Michelle
New vegetarian, newer vegan
firecracker4579
Vegan Forum Beginner

Previous

Return to General Health and Beauty Forum